Tuesday 24 February 2015

Working and being mummy!!!

Yen is now at that age where her brain is like a super sponge. Everything is "what are you doing" "where are we going" "what's that". Working long hour days I only have evenings and weekends free to explore with her and take her on little adventures.
At first I didn't know what to do with her in the evenings because I was always tired from work but I wanted to spend as much time with her as possible because she's growing up so fast and I didn't want to be a parent that just goes to work then in the evenings just put their child to bed. So I just went with what she wanted to do for example read stories, play tea party and watching DVDs.
In my opinion you don't have to always spend lots of money on your children to make them happy. Don't get me wrong I love to treat Yen but I think it's more making memories with your children that are the best (you can't buy love).
From experience I find the best places to go and on a budget are museums and parks. There is soooooooo much to explore and learn for all ages. I took Yen to the science museum and she instantly fell in love with rockets and the moon. Most nights she asks me where the moon is so we look up for it. On the way home from nursery one day a good friend of mine taught Yen about full moon and half moon and just the other day I taught Yen about crescent moon. Yens dad decided to tell her the moon was made out of cheese which is quiet funny.
There are many parks in London to explore and have a coffee. My local park has a good play area for children few animals and a café. Yen loves running around in open spaces and climbing so the park for me is a win win plus I get my dose of caffeine.
I would love to take Yen travelling because she is also obsessed with aeroplanes. As usually because of work I only have a certain time I can have off and most of the time it's when other children are on holiday so it's more expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment