Sunday 19 April 2015

New addition to the family a budgie called Charlie

We have a new pet budgie called Charlie, because it is still young I think about 7 weeks old I've given it a unisex name because at that young age its hard to tell the sex.
At work I was obsessing whether to get one or not, I asked my dad and he said no! (We already have 6 fishes and a cat) but for some reason I knew if I kept going on about it he would give in. It took him a few days to crack, I even got Yen on it too LOL.
After doing alot of research online and in books I thought if I dont get it now I never will, so looking on gumtree I was looking for the budgie for me (I wanted a blue one not too bright). I found a few I liked then all of a sudden I found someone who literally lived down the road from me I had to email him. After exchanging a few emails he agreed to save it for me as I still needed a cage etc.
Off to pets at home I went on Saturday morning bought the cage, couple toys, food, cuttle bone etc went back home set everything up then took Yen to her friends 4th birthday party from 1-3 which was good it had a bouncy castle woo hoo. After the party we picked up the budgie. The man I got it from was really polite and allowed me to let the budgie sit on my finger.
Taking it home I was so nervous what if the box drops and it flys away? What if it dies from shock? I was being so gentle with it and it got to my house safe and sound.
Getting it out the box was a nightmare I was being a chicken to take it out the box so got my mum to do it but she accidently let it fly around my room. I thought to myself o jheez I will never get it in the cage but my mum some how got it in the cage.
The bird cage is on my dressing table in my room so Cairo our cat is not allowed in there. I am so determined to form a bond with Charlie my budgie even Yen has been helpful with the feeding and setting up the cage. I told her its a still a baby so she speaks really gently to it calling it Charlie Do.



UPDATE!
Today is day 3 of having Charlie and already it lets me put my arm in the cage, stroke it's belly, feed it out my hand and even sit on my finger. Since Charlie has been home it hasn't made a sound only when taking it out the box on Saturday.While watching a video on YouTube Charlie heard a budgie chirp it started to chirp back bless.

In this picture below Charlie is sitting on my index finger while eating some millet!


UPDATE! (28/4/15)

So I've had Charlie just over a week now and I'm letting him/her out the cage but it doesn't seem to want to fly it just wants to perch or fall asleep I guess I'm going to have to be patient.







No comments:

Post a Comment